Skip Global Navigation to Main Content
Skip Breadcrumb Navigation
Non-Immigrant Visas


A transit visa, also known as C-1 visa, is used when a citizen of a foreign country will travel in immediate and continuous transit through the United States (U.S.) in route to a foreign destination.  In order to qualify for a transit visa, it is required to present a valid permission or visa to enter the country of destination upon departure from the U.S.

B1/B2 visa holders can use this same visa to transit through the United States.

For information about the visa application process, please follow the instructions listed at the How to Apply link.


  • Passport