All U.S. Citizen Services with the exception of Federal Benefits services and applications for adults over 18 applying for their first passport are provided at the Consular Agencies in Punta Cana and Puerto Plata. For your convenience, we recommend that you use the Consular Agencies for services if they are closer to your geographical location. For example, Puerto Plata provides services to Santiago, Sosua, Cabarete, Las Terrenas, Samana and any of the cities along the North Coast. Punta Cana provides services to Bavaro, Higuey, Bayahibe, La Romana and any of the cities along the East Coast. The Agencies tend to have shorter wait times and be less crowded.
If you would like to make an appointment at one of the Consular Agencies, please email Punta Cana Consular Agency or Puerto Plata Consular Agency. If you experience technical difficulties or do not have access to internet, you may make your appointment by calling (809) 552-8990 for Punta Cana or calling telephone numbers (809) 586-8017, (809) 586-4204, (809) 586-8023 for Puerto Plata. Please see specific instructions below for the different types of passport applications.
- Photo requirements for applicants
- Additional Information about U. S. Passports
- Earlier Appointment/Emergency Travel
- Correcting a mistake in your passport
- Lost, Stolen or Damaged Passport Replacements
- Add pages to your passport
- Documentary evidence needed to process an application for a U.S. Passport
- Adult passport Verification Checklist (PDF - 142 Kb)
- Children passport Verification Checklist (PDF - 225 Kb)
- Check the status of your passport application online
- Child Support Payments & Getting a U.S. Passport
- Children's Passport Issuance Alert Program (CPIAP)
To make an appointment for services in Santo Domingo, please click on the following link to go directly to our online appointment system.