Frequently Asked Questions
General Frequently Asked Questions
- What is an immigrant visa?
- What is the difference between an immigrant visa and a nonimmigrant visa?
- I received notification from the National Visa Center that my approved immigrant visa petition has been sent to the Immigrant Visa Unit. I have never had an interview with a consular officer. How long will I have to wait?
- Where can I get information about adoption?
- What about military service once I arrive in the United States?
- I think I am a legal permanent resident, but I have been out of the United States for one year or longer. I want to return to live in the United States. What do I do?
- In which currency must I pay any required fees at the Immigrant Visa Unit, U.S. dollars or Dominican pesos?