Important Notice: The Consular Section of the U.S. Embassy in Santo Domingo kindly asks all visa applicants experiencing flu-like symptoms including fever, headaches, body aches, etc. to stay home until they are no longer ill. As soon as the person coming to visit the consular section recovers, please contact our Call Center to reschedule the interview for a more convenient date and time. To contact the Call Center you must dial 809-200-3232. There is no need to purchase a pin number.
- New Immigrant Fee to be implemented February 1st, 2013
- Important information for immigrant visa applicants under the following categories: K1, K3, 1R1/CR1, F21/C21, FX1/CX1. Please visit the page about the implementation of the International Marriage Broker Regulation Act (IMBRA)
- The fees for the immigrant visa applications and fiancee visas (K visas) decreased starting on April 13, 2012
- Information about submitting documents and determining case status
- Information about the waiver process
- List of Items that Cannot be Brought into the Consular Section Building
Welcome to the Immigrant Visa Unit of the U.S. Embassy in Santo Domingo. Our operation, one of the largest in the world, adjudicates all categories of immigrant visas. We encourage applicants to learn as much as they can about the laws, regulations and policies involved in processing an immigrant visa application. The information in this web page is designed to help prospective immigrants understand the process and come to the visa interview prepared. Simply click on one of the links on the left side of the page to begin.
All downloadable documents on this page are provided in PDF format. To view PDFs you must have a copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader. You may download a free version by clicking the link above.