Social Security and Veterans Benefits
Our email address is email@example.com and your message should be answered within 24 hours. As a reminder, the Santo Domingo FBU is closed the FIRST and THIRD Wednesday of the month; window or telephone hours are not available on those two days.
To All beneficiaries for Social Security Administration
- ATM cash withdrawals outside the U.S. are initially blocked. To allow ATM cash withdrawals outside the United States (U.S.), cardholders must call Direct Express Customer Service at 1-765-778-6290 or 1-888-741-1115 if in the U.S.
- ATM cash withdrawals outside the U.S. are subject to a $3.00 fee plus 3% of the amount withdrawn. This does not include the surcharge by the ATM owner.
- Purchases at merchant locations outside of the U.S. will be charged 3% of the purchase amount, including cash received back at the time of the purchase.
- Cardholders can obtain teller withdrawals over-the-counter at MasterCard member institutions. SSA does not have a list of the institutions.
- The card may not work at all locations, including ATMs, outside the U.S.
- The card is serviced by the U.S. bank and not SSA.
- If problems exist with the card, including ATMs withdrawals issues, clients should contact Direct Express Customer Service and not SSA at the numbers previously listed or by visiting the Direct Express website at www.USDirectExpress.com.
- Question and Answers regarding international use of the card can be found at http://www.usdirectexpress.
Attention with Email Fraud
Please be aware of scams sent to your email address about Social Security . Legitimate Social Security requests are neither sent in such type of texts nor from regular email addresses. All SSA emails are sent from @SSA.GOV or @STATE.GOV addresses.
If you receive this email or any others advising you to take action to provide personal identifiable information (PII), DO NOT open nor respond to it.
It is a Fraud and Scam.
You can report or forward emails like this to the following contact options to verify if the request is real:To report receipt of this email message or other suspicious activity to Social Security’s Office of Inspector General, please call the OIG Hotline at 1-800-269-0271. (If you are deaf or hard of hearing, call the OIG TTY number at 1-866-501-2101). A Public Fraud Reporting form is also available online at OIG’s website www.socialsecurity.gov/oig.
Form SS-5 required to apply for the SS card, is available at the www.socialsecurity.gov, you can download it and complete it prior to your appointment along with the documentation previously requested from you.
Parents applying on behalf of a child under 12 can sign their application on his/her behalf. Applications for applicants 12 years old and older, must always be present for interview and sign own application.
For further information on our services, please contact us via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or, by calling the Federal Benefits Unit at (809)731-4371 from 1:15pm to 4:30pm from Monday through Thursday and Fridays from 7 am to 11 am, except the FIRST and THIRD Wednesday of the month.
PLEASE NOTE YOU DON’T HAVE TO PAY OR USE EXTERNAL SERVICES TO REQUEST AN APPOINTMENT, ALWAYS FOLLOW ABOVE INSTRUCTIONS.
Medicare Premiums have a monthly cost of US$99.90* per month. Coverage is exclusively valid within US soil. Payments are deducted on a monthly basis directly from (your) pension.
*Premium increase –if applicable -, is announced prior to increment.
Reporting Responsibilities When relocating abroad, ALL beneficiaries are explained in their native language and/or English their full reporting responsibility of any changes of domicile, telephone, bank accounts, death, etc. that occur while receiving Social Security pension.
Fraud Reports If you know of any fraud involving social security pension and/or Medicare services, please report it immediately to email@example.com writing FRAUD REPORT in subject line.
Walk in exceptions: Exceptions for walk ins will only be allowed in extreme emergency cases, disabled and/or elderly beneficiaries.