A U.S. citizen involved in any of the following emergency situations in the Dominican Republic can seek assistance from the U.S. Citizens Services unit.
- U.S. Citizen Victims of Crime
- Arrest of a U.S. Citizen
- Death of a U.S. Citizen
- Welfare and Whereabouts of U.S. Citizens
- U.S. Citizen Medical Emergencies
- U.S. Citizen Legal Emergencies
- Sending Money to a U.S. citizen Overseas
If you have an emergency involving the death, arrest or hospitalization of a U.S. citizen, or a missing U.S. citizen, please call 809-221-2171. When the prompts ask you to enter the extension, enter 0 and tell the operator you have an emergency. For general information you may e-mail us at SDOAmericans@state.gov.